Our most loved tour is back
Says Jodie Watkins (Australia) of 2019's tour:
"One of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. Our guide Nirav was a font of knowledge and bent over backwards to make sure our trip was as stress free and enjoyable - a truly remarkable man that words cannot do justice. We visited villages that tourists rarely go and were welcomed into homes. The sights I have seen, the experiences I was honoured to have undertaken, will stay with me forever. The quality of the work we saw was exceptional. You will not regret it. Thank you Shila and Nirav.”
Patsy Anderson (Toronto):
"An exceptional tour . . . I was the clear textile rookie in the group and I learned so much. Nirav was a superb tour leader."
Explore the essence of Indian craftsmanship in a 5,000-year old culture.
Led by textile expert steeped in the textile lore of his ancestors.
Unparalleled access to artisans and villages in remote desert locations
due to close familial and NGO connections
Natural dyeing, block-print, resist block print, embroidery, and tie-dye workshops
Uncrowded 11th century monuments.
Surreal Salt Desert at sunset
Ahmedabad's ancient Kite Festival
Private art collections and curated textile museum visits
Marvel at an India far beyond tourist trappings!
- Expert English-speaking textile guides, also native Gujarati speakers
- Remote desert artisanal village visits
- Bandhni (intricate tie-dye), blockprint and embroidery workshops
- Patan double-ikat weaving, Queen’s Stepwell, and Sun Temple Modhera
- Bead working and single ikat
- Gandhi’s ashram and Khadi Charkha weaving
- Bhujodi and Tangalia weaving demos
– Guided tours of textile jewel box museums: Indigo, Calico, Shrujan, and Anokhi
– The buzz of Ahmedabad and Jaipur
– Every journey infused with culinary beats!
** 17 wonder-filled days**
USD 3470 pp double occupancy
USD 1380 single supplement
Small group due to village visits . . . write us today!
This way for a trip report and photos from our 2019 tour. Click